Today’s post will be short and sweet because I will be on a plane leaving for Maui in just a couple of hours, trading this weird gloomy SoCal weather for sunshine, white sand beaches and waves!! But don’t worry, I’ve got something simple and healthy for you to jump start a great weekend. This tropical Pina Colada Smoothie Bowl (minus the rum) will take you to the island in a spoon, so you can be there with me in spirit. 😉
Like I said last time, I got on this smoothie bowl train a little late, but I’m loving it. I have now omitted all greens from my diet (no, just kidding!). I am playing with fun flavors (i.e. Pina Colada smoothie bowl!!!) and cool toppings (i.e. toasted coconut!!!). I used full fat coconut milk for this recipe which makes the smoothie super creamy. I also used frozen banana slices for garnishing, which kept this smoothie bowl cold much longer. And it seriously tasted like ice cream, especially the part around the frozen banana.
There aren’t many ways you can take picture of a smoothie bowl, so I’ll just leave these two photos here to feast your eyes. Also, please excuse all my exclamation marks!!! 😊 I’m just super excited for a week of tasty food and lots of sunshine. Stay tune though because I’ve lined up a couple of fun and tropical recipes for you next week while I’m hula hooping on the island. Have an extra wonderful weekend friends!
- 1 banana - ripe
- 1 cup pineapple chunk – frozen
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (full fat from a can)
- Sliced banana
- Toasted coconut chip
- First, toast a hand full of coconut chips in a skillet over medium heat until the edges are golden brown and the smell is toasty.
- Put 1 banana, 1 cup pineapple and 1/2 cup of coconut milk in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl, garnish with slices of fresh or frozen banana and toasted coconut chips.
- Serve immediately.
2. You can use ripe or frozen banana. If using frozen banana, you may need to add a bit more liquid so the blender doesn’t get stuck.