Fall has officially began three long weeks ago, but the weather has only started to cool down enough for SoCal to finally feel like Fall. And even then, it comes and goes as it pleases. So I considered myself lucky when I needed to throw on a sweater and a scarf this morning to let the dogs out in the early-to-me hour before sunrise.
The blog and I took a summer hiatus after we came back from Hawaii. It is cliché to say I was uninspired but I found myself in a rut, baking the same cream scones, and the same chocolate chip cookies. I blame it on the weather, oh it’s too hot to bake. I blame it on time, oh there’s not enough hour in a day, which is true btw, or the weekend is never long enough. Now that we are starting to see a hint of the Fall season, I look forward to turning on my oven a little more. Nothing beats the smell of cinnamon coming from the kitchen on a cold night, I tell ya.
I’m rounding up 8 of my favorite recipes for you to try while I mull over what to make this weekend.
1. First on the list is this Apple Tart with Almond Paste Filling. Pretty and delicate looking, this tart looks as good as it tastes, I promise.
2. Looking for a more casual apple pie or don’t want to chop up apples? Try these Apple Butter Empanadas. Just pop open a jar of apple butter to use as your pie filling, and you’ll have that taste of Fall in no time.
3. Or you can enjoy the flavor of pie without actually making pie with these Apple Pie Scones. Eat them for breakfast, eat them for a snack, or eat them all day long.
4. Speaking of breakfast, how about a Baked Apple Butter Donut? Smother these with maple glaze and that shall satisfy your early morning sweet tooth craving.
5. Fall will not be complete without these Buttermilk Pumpkin Pancakes. Fluffy and pumpkin-y… Just trust me on this.
7. While you’re at it, why don’t you make these Pumpkin Pie Spice Cupcakes as well? These are like pie in a cupcake with cream cheese frosting, no less.
8. Speaking of pumpkin pie, I saved the best for last! This Pumpkin Pie with Decorative Crust is a bit more work, but so worth it when you pull this beautiful baby out of the oven.
That’s all folks!