Your pups will jump for joy for these homemade Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats. With only 5 ingredients, these homemade dog biscuits are a great way to use up those overripe bananas and a delicious way to treat your dogs.
What dog doesn’t like peanut butter? When we’re not treating them with peanut butter dog treats, we use peanut butter to get them to take their medication. If you add some bananas into the mix like these Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats, even a human will try to wag their tails for a bite.
And hey, if you are tired of drinking a green smoothie every other day, put those overripe bananas to good use by making these yummy dog treats. Your pups will sure appreciate them too.
How to make Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats
These homemade dog biscuits are one of our very easy dog treat recipes. They require just 5 ingredients: banana, peanut butter, egg, cinnamon, and flour. You can omit the cinnamon but I think it gives these treats a special flavor.
- Smash the bananas in a large mixing bowl. Add peanut butter, egg and cinnamon to it.
- Beat with a whisk until smooth.
- Add flour to the banana peanut butter mixture.
- Fold with a spatula and knead until a dough forms. It should resemble a drier biscuit dough. If the dough is still wet, you can sprinkle in a little more flour.
- Roll the dough out to about ¼” thick, and cut with cookie cutters.
Can dogs eat cinnamon?
Other treats your pups will love
- If your dogs love these Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats, they will love these Banana Peanut Butter with Rolled Oats Dog Treats, made with rolled oats added for extra nutrition.
- If you want to make them something savory, I recommend these Meaty Bits Bacon Dog Treats made with real bacon bits or these Fishy Dog Treats made with sardines.
- If your dogs are allergic to wheat flour, try some gluten free dog treats like these Sweet Potato Dog Treats and Gingerbread Dog Treats.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, send me a photo, rate it and don’t forget to tag me @wildwildwhisk on Instagram. I’d love to see what’s cooking up in your kitchen. Cheers!
Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats
- 2 bananas (about 1 cup smashed, 228 g)
- ¼ cup peanut butter (60 g)
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (1 g)
- 2 cup + 2 tablespoon whole wheat flour (272 g)
- More flour for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Smash the bananas in a large mixing bowl using a potato masher. Add egg, peanut butter, and cinnamon to the mashed bananas and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the flour and knead until a dough forms. The dough texture should be similar to a dry biscuit dough and easy to handle. If it is too wet, sprinkle in some more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Flour the counter or a large cutting board, roll the dough out to about 1/4” thick. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters. Reroll the scraps and continue cutting into shapes.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet between 1/2” to 1” apart. Bake for 20 minutes. Rotate pan, flip cookies, reduce oven temperature to 300°F and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- All-purpose flour, whole wheat flour and gluten free flour will work for this recipe.
- Cut the treats into shapes with cookie cutters or simply slice them into squares and other geometric shapes with your knife.
- Store treats in an airtight container for up to two weeks. You can also refrigerate to keep them longer, up to 2 months. And they will last for 8 months in the freezer.