This Banana Peanut Butter Green Smoothie is a tasty and nutritious breakfast or snack, and also perfect for peanut butter lover!
Do you prefer an ice cold pressed juice or pulp and all blended up into a green smoothie? I prefer the latter and my juicer has now been retired to a dark corner of the kitchen. I am a huge failure at juicing. In fact, I could not last through one morning of juicing, let alone a whole day. So forget about that 3-day juice cleanse. I get one huge side effect from juicing – the need to devour a whole cow (or pig) after about an hour. And the taste of some of these juice recipes, I just can’t…
So here’s something I’ve been eating drinking for breakfast for the past couple weeks, this Banana Peanut Butter Green Smoothie! It’s loaded with green vegetable you guys, cucumber and kale. Did you know there is a huge list of science-backed health benefits of kale? Makes me consider adding more kale to my diet, it’s a good thing I actually enjoy it in this smoothie or sautéed as a side dish.
This Banana Peanut Butter Green Smoothie is sweetened only with a ripe banana and perhaps sugar from the peanut butter depending on the kind you have on hand. Thanks to my smoothie buddy/neighbor who suggested the use of peanut butter, it boosted the yum factor in this smoothie big time. Add heart healthy flaxseed and you’ve got yourself a morning power smoothie. Blending instead of juicing also helps me stay somewhat fuller longer, thanks to all the fiber. And the best thing is… this actually tastes REALLY GOOD! I look forward to making this smoothie every morning. Healthy and satisfying are my breakfast goals.
So let’s start off the week with a little bit of energy boost from this tasty green smoothie. Happy Monday and let this week be a good one!
Other Ingredients to Add to Your Smoothies
- Increase sweetness with honey or maple syrup to avoid refined sugar.
- For extra nutrients, add superfood like bee pollen, spirulina, hempseed, flax seeds, chia seeds, cacao nibs.
- Instead of regular milk, use nut milk like almond milk and cashew milk. I also love coconut milk for smoothies.
- Add extra garnish like coconut chips and crush nuts for crunch and texture.
- Spinkle with fresh berries for an extra boost of antioxidant.
Banana Peanut Butter Green Smoothie Recipe
Banana Peanut Butter Green Smoothie
- 1 large kale leaf
- 1 Persian cucumber or baby cucumber
- 1 medium banana
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind you like)
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed (optional)
- If you want ice cold smoothie in the morning, cut up the banana and freeze the night before.
- Chop up the kale and cucumber, throw all ingredients into your blender, blend blend blend until smooth.
- Pour in a glass and enjoy right away.