Two-ingredient homemade Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts are so easy to make and you can customize with the chocolate of your choosing. They are the perfect snacks or edible gifts that will remind you of the Hawaiian island vibes.
If you have been following along for a while, you know that I love all things tropical and Hawaiian related. You may also know that I have been back and forth to the islands multiple times, both for vacation and work. I brought home some chocolate covered macadamia nuts from my last trip. Just the other day, I was finishing the last piece and it dawned on me how easy it was to make my own.
Since I’m always baking with macadamia nuts, and chocolate is always overflowing in my pantry, it just makes sense that I whip up some homemade Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts. I don’t have whole macadamia nuts like the one you can get from Hawaiian Host but they are no less delicious.
Homemade Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts – Two Ways
How to Make Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts with Candy Mold
- You can use a candy mold to make these chocolate covered macadamia nuts look really pretty, perfect for gifting.
- The one I used here is a cherry cordial candy mold which I picked up at a local baking supply store for under $3.
- There are also a variety of silicone candy molds that you can pick up on Amazon that will also work well.
How to Make Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts without Candy Mold
- If you don’t have or don’t want to use a candy mold, you can alway just fold the nuts into the melted chocolate and scoop out clusters of chocolate covered macadamia nuts instead.
- This way is actually faster and easier, but the shape won’t be as pretty.
- Also, if you’re not using a candy mold, the same amount of chocolate will cover more than double the amount of nuts.
Homemade Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Don’t be lazy and melt the chocolate over direct heat or in the microwave, this will cause the fat to separate and create white marks when the chocolate solidifies.
- It’s good to have a double boiler but you don’t necessarily need it. I always just place a heat proof glass bowl over a pot of simmering water to melt chocolate.
- I used white and dark chocolate melting wafer in this recipe, but you can use any type of chocolate you prefer. It is always best to use the one you enjoy eating the most.
I hope you enjoy this easy recipe. And if you love macadamia nuts, I have a whole list of recipes that will show you how to use macadamia nuts in many other delicious ways.
More Recipes with Macadamia Nuts
- Tropical Rugelach
- Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut Shortbread Cookies
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me @wildwildwhisk on Instagram. I’d love to see what’s cooking up in your kitchen. Cheers!
Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts
- 4 ounce chocolate melting wafers
- ¼ - ⅔ cup roasted unsalted macadamia nuts
If using candy molds:
- Melt chocolate in a glass bowl placed over a simmering pot of water, stirring with a spatula. When almost all of the chocolate has melted, remove it from the heat and continue to stir until it melts completely and smooth.
- Fill candy molds half way with melted chocolate, press two pieces of macadamia nut into the melted chocolate, then cover the entire cavity with melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
If not using candy molds:
- Melt chocolate in a glass bowl placed over a simmering pot of water, stirring with a spatula. Add macadamia nuts into the bowl of melted chocolate and stir until everything is cover in chocolate.
- Scoop the chocolate covered nut clusters onto parchment paper using a teaspoon.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
- If not using candy molds, the same amount of chocolate will cover more than double the amount of nuts.
- Calories estimated for the second method.
Shop The Recipe Tools
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting my blog.