This shop for Chocolate Covered Strawberry Truffle Pop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC. All opinions are mine alone. #SendSweetness #CollectiveBias
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, you guys! Well, technically, it’s still a few weeks away, but if it’s anything like 2018, it’s going to sneak up on you real quickly. Today, I’m super excited to share this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Truffle Pop recipe with you. I mean who doesn’t love chocolate covered strawberries, right? So how perfect are these Chocolate Covered Strawberry Truffle Pops?? These festive little candies are so easy to make and they are perfect for Valentine’s Day gifting.
Even since I used freeze dried strawberry for this Strawberry Champagne Cupcakes, I’ve been dying to use it again. And this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Truffle Pop is just the perfect recipe for it. I made the truffle center with white chocolate flavored with freeze dried strawberry, which gives it an explosive strawberry flavor that everyone will LOVE! Then I cover the whole thing with melted DOVE® Milk Chocolate PROMISES. For the topping decorations, you have several options here. Obviously, my first choice was M&M’S® Milk Chocolate Valentine’s Day edition which comes in colorful and festive red and pink shades. I have them in a little bowl on my desk and can’t stop snacking on them. You could also use any type of Valentine’s Day sprinkles, pink sanding sugar or leave it plain for a classic look.
And here comes a really nifty trick. If you hover over the products in the photo above, you can click through to Walmart.com to purchase the Mars® chocolates I used in this recipe!
But if you don’t want to wait for your candies to arrive in the mail, you can pick them up in-store. I bought the DOVE® Chocolate hearts and the M&M’S® candies used in this recipe at my local Walmart. They’ve been stocking up the Valentine’s Day aisle with decorations and sweet treats all month long. You won’t miss it!
If you are planning on shopping in-store, be sure to look for the coupon below on the products themselves for $1 off two bags of candies, which would be perfect to make these Chocolate Covered Strawberry Truffle Pops.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- I used some leftover foam from my husband Halloween costume to create a makeshift truffle pop drying stand. See my post for this Peppermint Chocolate Truffle Pop for more details on this.
- This is a smaller batch recipe that can easily be doubled or tripled, especially if you plan on giving these to everyone in the office.
- I specified three refrigeration steps in succession to each other in the recipe to allow some ease in working with the ganache filling. You want to portion out the filling when it’s solidified but still soft enough to be scooped. But you don’t want to roll them into balls yet at this stage as it will be very messy. However, too hard and it would be impossible to shape them into round balls.
- Do not try to take shortcut on melting the chocolate coating by using direct heat or microwaving, it needs to be melted slow and low. Otherwise you can get chocolate bloom (fat bloom) and your chocolate coating will have white specks when hardened.
- Also take precaution while melting chocolate over simmering water to not allow any steam or water to come in contact with the melting chocolate or you will also end up with chocolate bloom (sugar bloom).
Chocolate candies are such an essential for Valentine’s Day. You can make sweet little gift bags with a few DOVE® chocolate hearts and a handful of colorful M&M’S® chocolate candies. Or you can simply bring them into work to share with everyone in the office. But why not add a personal touch by including one of these homemade Chocolate Covered Strawberry Truffle Pops in your Valentine’s Day treat bags? I’ve always been partial to handmade gifts, especially homemade treats, because it is the best way to show your friends and coworkers the personal care you put into your gifts and that you love them with your whole heart!
More sweet treats perfect for Valentine’s Day
- Chocolate Fudge with Raspberry Cream
- Strawberry Galettes
- 3 Ingredient Minty White Chocolate Fudge Bites
- Strawberry Shortcake Cobbler
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Truffle Pop Recipe
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Truffle Pop
For the truffles
- 4 ounce white chocolate
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberry
- 2 ounce heavy whipping cream
- 12 DOVE® Milk Chocolate PROMISES (3 ounce)
- 9 lollipop sticks
- M&M’S® Milk Chocolate Valentine’s Day edition
- Sanding sugar
- Add 1 cup of freeze dried strawberry to a food processor and grind into a fine powder. Leave the strawberry powder in the food processor to settle until ready to use.
- Finely chop 4 ounces of white chocolate and place in a glass bowl.
- Carefully transfer the strawberry powder to the bowl with the chocolate.
- Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat until simmering but not boiling.
- Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and strawberry powder. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Stir the ganache with a spatula in even round stroke until the chocolate completely dissolves and the strawberry powder is completely incorporated.
- Place the ganache mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour until solidified but still scoopable.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take the ganache out of the refrigerator, portion the ganache into 9 mounts using a small cookie scoop, try to keep them as round as possible.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Take the baking sheet out of the refrigerator and shape each piece of truffle into round balls.
- Place a lollipop stick in the middle of each ball and push down about 3/4 way through the candy.
- Put the baking sheet back in the refrigerator for 1 more hour.
- Cut a piece of thick foam to use as a truffle pop drying stand. Poke holes through the foam with a bamboo stick about 2” apart.
- Prepare small bowls filled with M&M’S® Milk Chocolate candies, sprinkles, pink sanding sugar or your choice of toppings for the truffle pops.
- Finely chop the DOVE® Milk Chocolate candies and melt it in a glass bowl placed over a simmering pot of water, stirring with a spatula. When almost all of the chocolate has melted, remove it from the heat and continue to stir until it melts completely and smooth.
- Take the truffles out of the refrigerator, and coat it in melted chocolate using a spoon, dip it in the chocolate to cover the bottom as well. Let the excess run off almost complete before adding your choice of toppings.
- Place the lollipop stick upright in the prepared piece of foam through the holes you made earlier to let it dry.
- Continue to coat the rest of the truffle pops with chocolate and toppings.
- Place the foam with the truffle pops in the refrigerator to harden completely before wrapping them in plastic baggies.