This creamy and cozy Chocolate Hazelnut Latte or Hazelnut Mocha is the perfect drink for cold weather. Get ready to curl up on the couch with your favorite movie and a mug of hazelnut mocha to warm your hands. This post has been sponsored by Nespresso. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Cold weather means hot drinks are in order! This Hazelnut Mocha is the adult version of a hot chocolate with a shot or two of espresso added. So, put on your fuzzy socks and your fluffy sweater, curl up by the fireplace, and get ready to sip on the coziest drink of the season.
How to make Chocolate Hazelnut Latte
Making this chocolate hazelnut latte at home with your Nespresso Latissima Machine is such a breeze. There are two different ways to make this drink, and I’ll show you both.
Making the hot chocolate on the stove top
- First, add milk and chocolate hazelnut spread to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Prepare the coffee by extracting an Envivo Lungo capsule into a Nespresso View Coffee Mug, this will yield 3.7 oz of coffee.
- Pour hot chocolate mixture over the coffee. Top with whipped cream and cocoa powder.
Using your Nespresso Latissima Machine for the milk
The Latissima Machine comes with a “warm milk” function, which you can use to make steamed milk. The factory setting will give you 4.1 oz of steamed milk, but you can program the machine to give you 6 oz or however much you would like to customize your hazelnut mocha.
- First, add chocolate hazelnut spread to a Nespresso View Coffee Mug. Add milk over it using the “warm milk” button.
- Use a long cocktail spoon or a small whisk to mix thoroughly.
- Extract an Envivo Lungo capsule over the hot chocolate mixture. Top with whipped cream and cocoa powder.
This way of making the recipe is very convenient and creates less cookware to clean. But, keep in mind that all the stirring will cool down your milk and it won’t be piping hot as if you made it using the stove top version.
I still enjoy it because it is quick and I can make it with one eye open in the morning without having to play with fire. But, if you have a little bit more time or are making a larger batch for the whole family, I definitely recommend doing the stove top version.
More tips for making the best Hazelnut Mocha
- If you want your drink sweeter and more chocolate-y, add more chocolate hazelnut spread.
- For more chocolate flavor without making your mocha sweeter, add chopped dark chocolate, cocoa powder, or use a Nespresso chocolate flavored capsule like Ciocattino.
- If you want even more hazelnut flavor without increasing the amount of chocolate hazelnut spread, try hazelnut milk. Even though I’m a whole milk kind of girl because I like my latte and mocha super creamy, I thoroughly enjoy the hazelnut milk version.
- Whipped cream is a must! It adds extra creaminess and coziness to the drink. Don’t skip it, especially if you choose to make the hazelnut milk version; it could definitely use a creamy boost.
- Add another dimension of flavor to your drink by using other flavored capsules like Vanilio (vanilla flavor) or Caramelito (caramel flavor—this is one of my favorite capsules). Or, you could add a splash of vanilla extract and a sprinkle of cinnamon over the top.
- For a stronger mocha, choose a high intensity capsule or add an extra shot of espresso to your drink.
This drink is incredibly versatile; customize it to your heart’s desire! And for more ideas and recipes to try out with your Nespresso machine, visit the Nespresso Pinterest and check out this Vietnamese Iced Coffee recipe.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, send me a photo, rate it and don’t forget to tag me @wildwildwhisk on Instagram. I’d love to see what’s cooking up in your kitchen. Cheers!
Chocolate Hazelnut Latte
- ¾ cup milk (whole milk or hazelnut milk)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 Nespresso Lungo capsule
- Whipped cream
- Cocoa powder
- Heat milk and chocolate hazelnut spread in a small saucepan over medium heat until the spread dissolves and the milk is simmering.
- Use the Lungo button to extract coffee into a mug. Pour hot milk over the top. Add whipped cream and cocoa powder. Enjoy.
- Try hazelnut milk for more hazelnut flavor.
- Use 2 tablespoons of chocolate hazelnut spread if you enjoy your mocha a bit sweeter.
- For a stronger drink, add an extra shot of espresso.