Cookie Butter Pie Pops are sweet little treats made with all butter pie crust filled with cookie butter. They’re perfect for adding to lunch boxes, cute treat bags as edible gifts, or just snack on them whenever you need a sweet boost for the day.
Mmm… cookie butter… did I ever tell you how much I love that stuff? When I first discovered it a couple years ago at a little café in Pasadena, I bought a tiny jar and I was eating it with pretty much everything, toast, croissant, apple, breakfast, snack, dessert… just cookie butter everything up! You can pretty much get this stuff anywhere now. I heard Trader Joe’s even has cookie butter ice cream! Need to pick some up but my freezer has no more space… Maybe you guys can tell me just how good it is?
Since we had some cookie butter banana ice cream on Monday, I suppose we could continue the cookie butter theme with these cookie butter pie pops. These cute little pies are fun to make AND fun to eat! They make a perfect little snack, or you could even wrap them up individually and box them up as gifts for Christmas! (Is it okay to talk about Christmas now? I usually start thinking about making a list and checking it twice around this time of year, before all the busyness of the holidays and craziness of shopping start to happen…)
Make these with or without the pop sticks, you could call them pie… mmm… cookies instead? Either way, the cake pop stick is just a fun element, if you want to make them for a party or for gifts. The main element is still the pie crust and the filling. I start with my trusty pie crust recipe, which I use for almost every single pie I make. Then pile on the cookie butter filling, add a bit of egg wash to ensure they come out golden brown and delicious. Don’t forget to sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top for extra cinnamoniness! Bake and devour (try not to eat the whole batch, since they’re small, it’s easy to just keep on eatin’…).
More Mini Hand Pie Recipes
- Guava Cream Cheese Mini Hand Pie
- Dulce de Leche Petite Pie
- Nutella Hand Pies
- Apple Butter Empanadas (Hand Pies)
Cookie Butter Pie Pops Recipe
Cookie Butter Pie Pops
For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 oz unsalted butter ((1 stick - cold))
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon cold water
For the filling:
- 1/4 cup cookie butter ((more or less))
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of milk or water
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar + 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon for sprinkling
- 14 cake pop sticks
- To prepare the crust, put flour, sugar and salt in the food processor fitted with the dough blade and pulse a few times to mix.
- Cube the butter and add to the flour mixture. Make sure butter is cold. Pulse several times until butter is about pea size and mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse until the dough just starts to pull together.
- Turn the dough out on a lightly floured board and shape into a disk. Wrap in plastic and rest in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Roll the dough out to about 1/8” thick. Use a 2” round cookie cutter and cut into 28 pieces.
- Beat the egg and milk or water together to make the egg wash.
- Place one dough circle on a lined baking sheet. Brush egg wash over the rim of the circle and place a rounded 1/2 teaspoon of cookie butter in the middle. Place a cake pop stick in the middle of the cookie butter so that the top of the cake pop stick is right in the center of the circle. Take a second circle and place it over the top, use a fork to seal the border of the pie.
- Repeat until you have 14 pie pops all filled and sealed up. Refrigerate remaining egg wash, you’ll need it later.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer or refrigerator if your freezer is not big enough.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Take baking sheet out of the freezer and brush egg wash all over the top of each pie. Mix the 2 tablespoons of sugar with the 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and sprinkle liberally over the top of each pie.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.