Dark Chocolate S’mores Crack is an easy Graham cracker toffee recipe that you can whip up in just minutes. And you can enjoy this version of S’mores anytime of the year without having to light a camp fire.
During the holiday break, I discovered Christmas Crack! There was an abundance of “Crack” recipes everywhere. I love them so much that I set out to create this Dark Chocolate S’mores Crack. It still boggles my mind how a simple recipe as this could create such buttery and addictive treats. You will understand why they call it “crack” when you try it.
Tips and Tricks for Graham Cracker Toffee
- I used dark chocolate melting wafers for this recipe. But it is not a true dark chocolate in term of cocoa percent so it is not as bitter. However, I think the sweet toffee would still balance well with a more bitter chocolate.
- If preferred, you could use your favorite eating dark chocolate for this recipe, take care to chop it into small pieces to help with the melting process.
- You could also use milk chocolate but I think it might be a tad too sweet. Stick to the darker variety if you can.
- It will take at least an hour for the candy to completely set, so plan to make this before you start cooking dinner if you want to serve it for dessert.
This Graham cracker toffee recipe is so easy, you could even enlist the kids to help you with it. And just think how nice it would be to have the family gather ‘round the fire place after Sunday dinner for a round of board game while snacking on this version of S’mores. Even though the holidays are over, quality family time is still on top of my priority list, as it should always be. So anything that gets everyone to show up at the dinner table and linger around for the night gets an extra gold star in my book!
More Delectable Chocolate Confections
Dark Chocolate S’mores Crack
- 1 package Graham crackers (9 crackers)
- 4 ounce unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place 8 Graham crackers on top of the foil in 2 rows to create a rectangle.
- Fold the foil up to the edges of the rectangle and create a makeshift box with the foil.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar and salt to the melted butter. Stir the mixture frequently and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Immediately pour the toffee mixture over the prepared crackers and spread it as evenly as possible with an offset spatula.
- Place the baking pan into the oven middle rack and bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, break the last Graham cracker into pieces and put them in a ziplock bag. Pound it with a rolling pin to create smaller crumbles.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate wafers on top of the hot toffee.
- Wait a minute or two for the chocolate to melt and spread it in an even layer with an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle with mini marshmallows and Graham cracker crumbles.
- Refrigerate to harden completely before peeling off the foil and breaking into smaller pieces.