So this is it 2014! It’s been quiet these past few days on the internet, everyone is reflecting on the past year and what they’ve done, making goals and plans and resolutions. I don’t quite remember ever making a list of things I want to accomplish in the new year. It feels like too much responsibility! Putting things out there on the internet is like telling the whole world that you’ve committed yourself, there are way too many witnesses for you to back out on it. And I know I tend to over-commit myself to too many things at once, so I’m not making any list and checking anything twice!
But this year has been interesting! First of all, I’m a friggin’ blogger now, can I call myself that? Or are there some other criteria to this?? What the heck!!! So weird!!! I survived over 6 months of blogging this year, yay! Honestly, when I started this blog, I didn’t really know how it was going to be or where it was going to go. But I’ve done some pretty awesome things, like intern for Tastespotting, participate in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap, learn how to actually use a camera! It is way more fun than I expected and also way more work than I anticipated. 😛 And way more calories than I’m used to…
I know by now you’re probably like WTF isn’t this supposed to be a food blog?? Where the eff is the recipe? I was contemplating whether I should post a new recipe today or not… but since everyone is most definitely out drinking and partying by now (am I the only one hanging out at home in front of my computer??? whatever, I prefer a relaxing New Year’s Eve alright!) I’ll give you a round up of the 5 most popular recipes on the blog this year 🙂
1. APPLE PIE SCONES: sweet scones filled with a mixture of apple, brown sugar and cinnamon, it is finger licking good.
2. CARAMEL APPLE CUPCAKES: apple butter cupcakes filled with dulce de leche and topped with dulce de leche cream cheese frosting. And yes, you can lick the bowl!
3. BUTTERMILK PUMPKIN PANCAKES: the fluffiest pumpkin pancakes! Need I say more?
4. BUTTERMILK BISCUITS AND HONEY APPLE BUTTER: moist biscuits with a Lucille’s BBQ copy cat honey apple butter. I’ll have that for dinner! BBQ, who cares?
5. DINNER ROLLS: and last but not least, the easiest dinner rolls! Eat it for breakfast, lunch and not just dinner.
There you have it, and here’s to a happy new year filled with many more delicious recipes! xo