Homemade Hot Chocolate flavored with spices is the perfect drink to accompany delicious Mulino Bianco® cookies this holiday season. This post has been sponsored by Barilla America, Inc. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
There’s nothing I love more than a warm mug of homemade hot chocolate and some cookies to snack on during the busy holiday season. This quick and easy hot chocolate recipe makes the perfect drink to accompany these delicious Mulino Bianco Baiocchi cookies. Mulino Bianco cookies come in a variety of flavors and can be found at Albertsons (find yours here!) in the specialty cookie and cracker aisle. You can try them out for yourself with $0.75 off any one Mulino Bianco product; valid between 12/1 and 12/31.
How to Make Hot Chocolate
Say goodbye to hot cocoa mix because everything you need to make homemade hot chocolate is already in your pantry: unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar, and spices like cinnamon and nutmeg to add flavors. First, make a paste by mixing all the dry ingredients with a little bit of heavy whipping cream. You can use as many or as few spices as you wish to flavor your hot cocoa.
If you’re using this hot chocolate recipe for 1 large serving, you could make the cocoa paste in a large mug, pour the hot milk straight into the mug, and stir until it dissolves. If you’re using this recipe for 2 smaller servings, add the cocoa paste to the simmering milk in the pot and stir until dissolved. Then, divide your homemade hot chocolate into 2 smaller mugs.
I love my hot chocolate with a spoonful of homemade whipped cream, it’s a must! And a sprinkle of your favorite spices adds a nice finishing touch to this hot chocolate recipe. Serve it with Mulino Bianco cookies and save time (and money when you use that coupon for $0.75 off!) to spend with your family this holiday season.
More Hot Chocolate Recipes
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me @wildwildwhisk on Instagram. I’d love to see what’s cooking up in your kitchen. Cheers!
📖 Recipe card
Homemade Hot Chocolate
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 12 oz milk
- Add cocoa powder, sugar and spices to a small bowl. Add heavy cream and mix with a spoon until a thick paste forms.
- Heat milk in a small pot over medium heat until simmering, add the cocoa paste to the hot milk and stir until it dissolves completely.
- Pour hot cocoa into cups. Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with spices.
- Serve with: Mulino Bianco cookies
- Use cinnamon, nutmeg or a mixture of spices like apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice to flavor the hot cocoa.
- Use whole milk for the best result, but 2% milk can be used though the hot cocoa won’t be as creamy. I don’t recommend low fat milk for this recipe.
- Calories are estimated based on 2 servings.