Homemade Whipped Cream is so easy to make, and so much more delicious than the store-bought version. It’s the perfect accompaniment to all your favorite desserts like pie, ice cream, and hot chocolate.
Once you have a taste of this Homemade Whipped Cream, I guarantee you will never go back to the store-bought version ever again. Trust me when I say this, because Ryan detests canned whipped cream now, and I honestly don’t remember the last time we brought home pre-made whipped cream.
This Homemade Whipped Cream is a basic recipe that everyone should have because freshly made whipped cream is the perfect addition to so many desserts like:
The options are endless and this basic recipe takes just 5 minutes to prepare. Also, whipped cream lovers, don’t forget to try our Irish Cream Whipped Cream with an extra kick of booze.
Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Keep the cream very cold.
- In addition to cold cream, you can freeze the bowl and whisk for 5 – 10 minutes before starting the recipe. For a big batch I will do this. For smaller batch, I don’t because I’m lazy and it still turns out delicious.
- Beat it good, you can’t hurt it. But also watch it good because over-beaten whipped cream is no good.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar (see note)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Add heavy whipping cream, and sugar to your stand mixer bowl.
Beat with the whisk attachment on medium speed until the mixture thickens slightly.
Stream in the vanilla extract and continue to beat until stiff peak forms.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
If you prefer whipped cream on the sweeter side, use up to 1/4 cup of granulated sugar. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Recipe can easily be halved for a smaller amount or doubled for more.