Homemade Whipped Cream is so easy to make, and so much more delicious than the store-bought version. It’s the perfect accompaniment to all your favorite desserts like pie, ice cream, and hot chocolate.
Once you have a taste of this Homemade Whipped Cream, I guarantee you will never go back to the store-bought version ever again. Trust me when I say this, because Ryan detests canned whipped cream now, and I honestly don’t remember the last time we brought home pre-made whipped cream.
This Homemade Whipped Cream is a basic recipe that everyone should have because freshly made whipped cream is the perfect addition to so many desserts like:
The options are endless and this basic recipe takes just 5 minutes to prepare. Also, whipped cream lovers, don’t forget to try our Irish Cream Whipped Cream with an extra kick of booze.
Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Keep the cream very cold.
- In addition to cold cream, you can freeze the bowl and whisk for 5 – 10 minutes before starting the recipe. For a big batch I will do this. For smaller batch, I don’t because I’m lazy and it still turns out delicious.
- Beat it good, you can’t hurt it. But also watch it good because over-beaten whipped cream is no good.
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar ((see note))
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add heavy whipping cream, and sugar to your stand mixer bowl.
- Beat with the whisk attachment on medium speed until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Stream in the vanilla extract and continue to beat until stiff peak forms.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- If you prefer whipped cream on the sweeter side, use up to ¼ cup of granulated sugar. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Recipe can easily be halved for a smaller amount or doubled for more.
- Calories estimated for ¼ cup serving of whipped cream.