Hey friends, I hope you all had a relaxing long weekend. We barbequed a little and spent time lounging in the backyard with the dogs. It was so nice to unplug for a bit and just enjoyed life in the present. I’m determined to make time for more weekend like that this summer, even if it isn’t a holiday weekend. Between work, blogging, and worrying about what’s going to happen 5 years from now, my mind never takes a day off. And I know that this fact applies to many or should I say most people out there.
I think some of us are all recharged and ready to tackle the week ahead. But perhaps some of us are dragging our feet wishing for one more day! Either way, I think I’ve got just the cure, this tropical Mango Peach Smoothie Bowl. I noticed smoothies are very popular in Maui while we were there, you can get it at almost every restaurant or coffee shop you happen to stop by; every little market/convenient store has a smoothie bar. And they all have options to add some kind of superfood: chia, hemp seeds, bee pollen, spirulina, etc.
I’ve always loved smoothies but never paid much attention to this superfood trend. However, I’d like to think that I am reasonably open-minded ???? and willing to try most anything once. So, I added a bit of bee pollen to this mango peach smoothie bowl. One teaspoon is one serving of bee pollen, I only added a half teaspoon since I’m new to this and don’t want to shock my system. Bee pollen doesn’t taste like anything, and doesn’t alter the taste of the smoothie like some other superfood add-in. So, you get the benefit of boosting your immune system without having a strange tasting smoothie. Here’s the quick recipe for your enjoyment. Feel free to change up the toppings to your liking. Happy Tuesday!
Mango Peach Smoothie Bowl with that delicious tropical flavor to wake you up in the morning!
- 1/2 banana – frozen
- 1 cup sliced peach – frozen
- 1 yellow mango – about 1 cup sliced up
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon bee pollen
- Chopped mango pieces (1/2 cup)
- Sliced banana (1/2 a banana)
- Toasted coconut chips (1 tbsp)
- Put banana, peach, mango, coconut milk and bee pollen in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl, garnish with sliced banana, chopped mango and toasted coconut for crunch.
- Serve immediately.
1. I have a Ninja blender with individual cup and I find the big blender doesn’t do a good job with a thick smoothie like this, the smaller cup attachment is better.