This easy No Churn Mango Ice Cream has just four ingredients and comes together faster than you can ever imagine. It is extremely creamy and rich, full of mango flavor and best of all not too sweet, a great treat for hot summer days.
I typically make custard base ice cream with egg yolk like this Orange Mascarpone Ice Cream or this Honey Lavender Ice Cream. And I will never stop making them that way. But today, I want to try something quick and easy, something that requires a little less time and effort. Enter the No Churn Mango Ice Cream.
How to Make No Churn Mango Ice Cream
The special equipment you will need for this recipe is a food processor or a blender. Beside that, you only need four ingredients and just 15 minutes of prep time. Then the ice cream mix goes straight into the freezer without needing to be churned using an ice cream maker.
Puree The Mangos
You’ll need three ripe and delicious yellow mangos. I like yellow mangos because I find them to be less fibrous than the red kind. If you can only find red mangos, use two instead of three since they tend to be much bigger than the yellow ones.
Be sure to wash the fruit and remove the skin, cube the flesh to help lighten the load on your food processor or blender, and puree until completely smooth.
Add Condensed Milk
Transfer the mango puree to a large bowl and stir in condensed milk until thoroughly combined and smooth. When condensed milk is called for in a recipe, it is always sweetened condensed milk. So there is no need to add any more sweetener in this recipe.
Add Whipped Cream
Heavy cream is beaten with pure vanilla extract until stiff peak forms. This is then folded into the mango/condensed milk mixture until thoroughly combined to create our final ice cream mixture.
Here comes the most difficult step of the process, you’ll need to freeze it until at least soft serve consistency, about 5 – 6 hours, before serving. I always freeze all my ice cream overnight just so I don’t have to set a timer.
When your no churn mango ice cream is ready, the fun begins. You can garnish your ice cream with chopped fresh mango or some strawberry compote, serve it up with pies and galettes, or make ice cream sandwiches with some classic shortbread cookies. Enjoy!
More Easy Summer Recipes
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me @wildwildwhisk on Instagram. I’d love to see what’s cooking up in your kitchen. Cheers!
No Churn Mango Ice Cream
- 3 ripe yellow mango
- 1 can condensed milk (14 oz, 397 g))
- 3 cup heavy cream (720 g)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (5 g)
- Peel and cube the mango, then puree in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Transfer mango puree to a large mixing bowl and stir in condensed milk.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream with vanilla until stiff peak.
- Add whipped cream to the mango mixture and fold until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer proof container, cover well, and freeze until soft serve consistency or overnight.
- The recipe yields 2 - 2.5 quarts of ice cream.
- Ice cream will be frozen solid if kept in the freezer continuously, allow to thaw at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before scooping.
Shop The Recipe Tools
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting my blog.