A simple and easy Oreo Cookie Pie Crust is great for those no-bake pies and tarts for hot summer days. It adds a delicious chocolate note using a childhood favorite to any of your dessert.
Even though I bake a lot, I still enjoy a quick and easy treat from a grocery store run. And Oreo is certainly a household’s favorite. I dunk them in milk for an afternoon snack, and they’re just perfect. But what’s even better is this Oreo Cookie Pie Crust. It takes just 10 minutes to prepare, and ready to be filled with anything you can imagine, no-bake cheesecake filling, whipped cream and fruits, even ice cream. It completely transforms this simple childhood favorite.
How to Make Oreo Cookie Pie Crust
Start with one package of Oreo less a few for snacking on while you make the pie crust. Process them in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add melted butter and process again until the butter is distributed and the cookie crumbs start to clump together. Dump it out into your desire pan and form a crust. That’s it!
This recipe will be enough to fill a regular pie dish, or a smaller tart/quiche pan to form a thicker crust. I’ve used it with rectangular tart pan as well as square baking pan without forming the side crust. You can also use it with a springform cake pan for cheesecake bottom.
This Oreo Cookie Pie Crust is great for any of your no-bake pies and tarts. All you need to do is let it set up in the refrigerator or freezer before filling. It can also be baked for a crunchier crust before adding a no-bake filling, or used with baked recipe as well.
More recipe using Oreo
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me @wildwildwhisk on Instagram. I’d love to see what’s cooking up in your kitchen. Cheers!
- 4 oz unsalted butter (113 g, melted)
- 30 Oreo cookies (340 g)
- Break Oreo cookies into small pieces and ground in a food processor until fine crumbs form.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for about 30 - 45 seconds, stir with a fork to dissolve any remaining solid butter.
- Drizzle melted butter over the Oreo crumbs, and process for an additional 10 - 20 seconds until the mixture is the texture of wet sand.
- Dump the mixture into a tart pan or pie dish and press into the bottom and sides of the pan to form a crust.
- For a no-bake recipe, wrap well and freeze (or refrigerate) until ready to use.
- For a baked recipe or simply for a crunchier crust, blind bake or par-bake the crust at 350°F for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Use a small measuring cup with flat bottom to form the crust for a clean and crisp look.
- This recipe is enough to fill a 9” pie dish. It can also fill a round or rectangular tart pan for a thicker crust.
- Calories estimated assuming 8 servings per pie.
Shop The Recipe Tools
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting my blog.