These cute little Peanut Butter Heart Blossom Cookies are perfect to pass around the office during Valentine’s Day. Switch the heart chocolate out with chocolate kisses for an everyday treat that everyone will love!
A few weeks ago, I made these Chocolate Covered Strawberry Truffle Pops. I had a whole bag of Dove chocolate heart left over, and I thought it would be fun to use them in another recipe. Hence, these Peanut Butter Heart Blossom Cookies were born, because chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven. And of course, I can come up with many excuses to bake these little cuties.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- I use a small cookie dough scoop to divide up the cookie dough in this recipe. One full scoop will give you about the correct portion. It’s also the perfect tool for dividing mini cupcake batter or coconut mochi batter. Well spent money in my opinion.
- If you want to be even more exact, a kitchen scale will come in handy to divide the cookie dough portions. I use mine almost everyday!
- Refrigerating the batter will allow the butter to solidify and the sugar to absorb more liquid. This will also prevent the cookie from spreading too much in the oven.
These cute little cookies are the perfect treat for the chocolate and peanut butter lovers in your life. They are tasty and also very easy to make. When paired with chocolate heart, they are just the thing to bake this Valentine’s Day. One batch makes 24 small cookies, so there’s enough for everyone in the office, no need to fight over them. But you don’t have to limit yourself, switch out the heart shape chocolate with chocolate kisses and they become delicious treats you can enjoy everyday!
More Fantastic Recipes With Chocolate or Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Chocolate Layer Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake
- Double Peanut Butter Brownies
Peanut Butter Heart Blossom Cookies Recipe
Peanut Butter Heart Blossom Cookies
- 4 ounce unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 24 heart shape chocolate
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a small bowl and whisk to distribute evenly.
- In a stand mixer bowl, combined cooled melted butter with creamy peanut butter and brown sugar, beat with the paddle attachment for 1 minute until combined.
- Add egg, and vanilla extract, beat for another minute until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for about 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 24 portions, about 1oz each. Roll into balls and refrigerate while you preheat the oven.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place dough balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and bake for 11 minutes in the middle oven rack.
- Remove from the oven and place pan on a wire rack.
- Let cool for 2 minutes while you unwrap the chocolate and gently press one chocolate heart into the middle of each cookie.
- Allow cookies to cool completely and bottom of the chocolate to harden and stick to the cookies before removing from the baking sheet.
This recipe is adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction’s Peanut Butter Sweethearts.