Learn how to make this creamy Pistachio Butter that will give peanut butter a run for its money. This delicious spread is made with 4 ingredients and takes just 20 minutes. You won’t believe how easy it is to make your own homemade nut butter.
Pistachio is one of my favorite nuts, right up there with macadamia. Ever since I made these Pistachio Cupcakes, I’ve been itching to use them in another recipe. And this Pistachio Butter is definitely going to give peanut butter a run for its money. It’ll be toast and jelly’s new best friend in no time.
How to Make Pistachio Butter
The first step in making Pistachio Butter or any nut butter for that matter is lightly roasting the nuts. This will make them easier to process as well as bring out their flavors. I bought raw shelled pistachio in bulk for this recipe. You can skip the roasting step and just make raw pistachio butter if you wish. You can also buy roasted pistachio, but I would recommend the unsalted type so you can control how much salt is added to your final product.
You’ll need a food processor or a high speed blender for this. When you start processing the pistachio in your food processor or blender, the texture will start to change, just allow it to process until a creamy butter forms. I added honey for a little bit of sweetness, a tiny bit of salt to balance the flavor and coconut oil to keep the pistachio butter smooth and spreadable.
Store your homemade Pistachio Butter in an airtight container or jam jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. This stuff is so good, it won’t last that long, trust me. You’ll be eating it straight out of the food processor by the spoonful. But if you manage to save some, I’ll show you how to use it in desserts coming up in the next couple posts.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me @wildwildwhisk on Instagram. I’d love to see what’s cooking up in your kitchen. Cheers!
- 2 cup shelled raw pistachio
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread pistachio in one layer on a baking sheet and roast in the middle of the oven for 5 minutes.
- Take baking sheet out of the oven, stir the nuts and flip them over, roast for another 2 minutes.
- Add the roasted nuts to the food processor and process for 10 minutes.
- Add salt, honey and coconut oil and process for another 1 to 2 minutes until the mixture is smooth.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Roasting the nuts is optional, the nut butter can be made with raw pistachio nuts.
- This recipe yields 1 1/4 cup total.
Shop The Recipe Tools
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting my blog.