RITZ Crackers Ice Cream Sandwiches are easy summer treats that require very little hands-on time in the kitchen, so you can better spend it enjoying the day with your friends and family. This post has been sponsored by NABISCO. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
RITZ Crackers were and still are my favorite crackers of all time. Do you remember packing the mini bag of RITZ Bits in your lunchbox for school? Or do you snack on them with peanut butter when you get home after a long day? Nowadays, there are so many different flavors to choose from: Honey Wheat, Roasted Vegetable, Garlic Butter. And you can find them all at Albertsons, in the cracker aisle. Pick some up today to make these sweet and savory RITZ Crackers Ice Cream Sandwiches.
How to make RITZ Crackers Ice Cream Sandwiches
Making these little ice cream sandwiches is so simple. You’ll need about 1 sleeve of crackers for every pint of ice cream. Let the ice cream soften a bit to make assembling the sandwiches easier. I use a medium size ice cream scoop (1 ½ tablespoon) to add a generous scoop on the back of one cracker, add another cracker on top, and press down slightly to create a sandwich. Place ice cream sandwiches in the freezer immediately to firm up for 2 – 4 hours.
Which variety of RITZ Crackers can I use to make these ice cream sandwiches? You can use either the Original or the Hint of Salt RITZ crackers to make these ice cream sandwiches. If you like a more pronounced sweet and salty flavor, definitely go with the Original variety, otherwise opt for Hint of Salt to make it less salty.
Which ice cream flavor should I use to make these ice cream sandwiches? I’m partial to chocolate, but anything from vanilla, to rocky road, to mudslide, to peanut butter ice cream will work wonderfully.
To decorate these ice cream sandwiches, I dipped them halfway into melted chocolate and added colorful sprinkles. If you don’t want to bother with the melted chocolate, you could just roll the side in sprinkles so they stick to the exposed ice cream for a simple and festive look. Freeze again to firm up before serving.
This recipe for RITZ Crackers Ice Cream Sandwiches is extremely easy to make. They serve as convenient little treats whenever you want a little something sweet after dinner. And they will be wonderful for entertaining as well this summer. If you haven’t already, check out Albertsons’ mobile app for any available coupons before your next shopping trip.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me @wildwildwhisk on Instagram. I’d love to see what’s cooking up in your kitchen. Cheers!
📖 Recipe card
RITZ Crackers Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 28 RITZ Crackers
- 1 pint ice cream ((473 ml, flavor of your choice))
- 5 oz dark chocolate melting wafer ((142 g))
- Let ice cream defrost for 5 - 10 minutes at room temperature; use a medium ice cream scoop to add 1 scoop on top of a RITZ Cracker. Add a second RITZ Cracker on top of the ice cream to make a sandwich. Freeze ice cream sandwiches for 2 - 4 hours.
- Melt chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Dip ice cream sandwich in melted chocolate to cover halfway, let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl, and immediately dip the side with the chocolate into sprinkles if desired. Use a spoon to sprinkle extra all over the chocolate. Freeze for 1 - 2 hours or overnight before serving.
To decorate with sprinkles only
- If not using chocolate, the ice cream sandwiches can still be decorated with sprinkles. Roll the side in sprinkles so they stick to the exposed ice cream.
- Recommended ice cream flavors are chocolate, mudslide, rocky road, and peanut butter, but you can use any flavor you’d like.
- When covering ice cream sandwiches with melted chocolate, only work with a few at a times while keeping the rest in the freezer.
- Line a container with parchment paper to lay the chocolate covered ice cream sandwich on top in one layer. If you need to make a second layer, add another piece of parchment paper in between.
- Calories information is based on using regular chocolate ice cream.
Pick up the ingredients for this recipe today at your local Albertsons. Have fun making these and enjoy!
These are so fun!! I love them. Such a great and simple summer dessert idea too.
They certainly are fun to make and to eat, thanks Marie!