This vibrant and refreshing Strawberry Orange Sunrise Smoothie Bowl is a great way to start your day. It sure is a rise and shine moment as soon as you have a taste of this delicious and healthy breakfast.
I hope you already started enjoying your long weekend with some fun activities. We took the dogs out to the dog beach yesterday to meet up with their corgi cousin, Hazel Bear, (picture) and to have some fun at the SoCal Corgi beach day. There were so many celebridogs out and about at the event, and lots of Corgi butts, obviously. I think the dogs had fun, and got super exhausted from so much excitement. But it is a sad reminder how much more I love the beaches in Maui. I also miss all the delicious fresh smoothies we used to get every day, whether just walking up to a juice bar or sitting down in a restaurant. Hence, this strawberry orange sunrise smoothie bowl.
Ever since we got back from Maui, I have been obsessing over how to redecorate my back patio to bring in that tropical beachy vibe. Even though I’m not looking forward to the SoCal dry heat, we’ll have to figure out a way to make good use of our backyard this summer. My plan for the rest of the weekend: look for some tropical fabric to sew pillow covers, obsess some more over patio decoration, make bread from the soggy dough anyways. 😛 And then perhaps I’ll have another strawberry orange sunrise smoothie bowl on my daybed out in the backyard with my Kindle to squeeze in some weekend good read.
Strawberry Orange Sunrise Smoothie Bowl Recipe Tips and Tricks
- To make your morning routine easier, you can meal prep all your smoothie bowl ingredients the night before or on the weekend. Slice banana and strawberries, and freeze them in one layer in a container or freeze them as individual portions in ziploc bags.
- Don’t freeze the orange, you’ll want to use the orange juice as the liquid to make blending a little easier. You can always add more liquid, such as more orange juice or coconut water, if the frozen fruits are too tough to blend.
- I use a Ninja blender with individual cup attachment for my typical morning smoothie. I find the cup attachment to do a much better job than the large blender that comes with it.
More Delectable Smoothie Bowl Recipes
- Orange Pear Smoothie Bowl
- Mango Peach Smoothie Bowl
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Pina Colada Smoothie Bowl
Strawberry Orange Sunrise Smoothie Bowl
- 1 banana – frozen
- 1 cup strawberry – frozen
- 1 orange – peel and slice into 8
- Orange slices
- Crushed pistachio
- Put banana, strawberry and orange in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl, garnish with fresh orange slices and crushed pistachio for crunch.
- Serve immediately.
- I have a Ninja blender with individual cup and I find the big blender doesn’t do a good job with a thick smoothie like this, the smaller cup attachment is better.
- I usually slice the banana, chop up the strawberries, and freeze them the night before I want to make this smoothie.