This Tangerine Olive Oil Cake recipe is made in cute mini bundt pans, and packed a big punch of sweet tangerine flavor, from both the tangerine zest and the tangerine olive oil used in the batter. The cake is extremely moist, and the flavor is absolutely refreshing.
I love the refreshing scent of all citrus fruits, but tangerine has always been my favorite. It has a distinctive sweet scent that can’t be mistaken. And this delicious Tangerine Olive Oil Cake will guarantee to lift your mood no matter what. Baked in mini bundt pans, these little bundt cakes are moist and just the perfect bite of dessert.
If you know me, I love cakes but I’m also intimidated by cakes. That’s why I always opt for bundt cake! Bundt cake recipes are so simple to make. You can serve them naked, with a dusting of powder sugar or covered in icing like these mini lemon bundt cakes. But more importantly, I think you will love how simple and delicious these tangerine olive oil mini bundt cakes are.
How to make Tangerine Olive Oil Cake
No fancy equipment is needed for this recipe except for a set of mini bundt pans. The entire recipe can be prepared using a set of mixing bowls and a hand whisk. Start with rubbing the tangerine zest with sugar to release the essential oil from the zest for all the amazing tangerine flavor. This sugar mixture is then mixed together with all the dry ingredients.
Next, the wet ingredients are mixed together, namely the olive oil, egg, yogurt and vanilla extract. For best result, always allow the refrigerated ingredients like egg and yogurt to come to room temperature before starting the recipe. Then the dry ingredients are folded into the wet ingredients to create the final batter, to be divided into pans and baked.
Loaded with flavor from the tangerine zest and tangerine olive oil in the batter, these mini bundt cakes pack a big punch of refreshing tangerine flavor. Both the yogurt and the olive oil in the batter keeps the cake extra moist. These little bundt cakes will leave you smacking your lips and wishing for more. And if this Tangerine Olive Oil Cake recipe is not enough tangerine goodness for you, check out these Clementine Cream Scones!
Disclosure & Giveaway
This post is not sponsored but I was sent samples of Pasolivo olive oil to use in this recipe. Recipe and all opinions are my own as always. I’m also partnering with Pasolivo on an Instagram giveaway, comments on this blog post counts as an extra entry. Please see Instagram for giveaway contest rules.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me @wildwildwhisk on Instagram. I’d love to see what’s cooking up in your kitchen. Cheers!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 2 tangerine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 oz tangerine olive oil
- Let all refrigerated ingredients come to room temperature, that includes the egg and the yogurt.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add sugar and tangerine zest to a small bowl, rub together until fragrant and sugar turn a light yellow. Add flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda to the sugar, mix well to distribute thoroughly. Set aside.
- Add egg, yogurt, olive oil and vanilla extract to a large bowl and beat until smooth. Fold in the flour mixture until incorporated.
- Spray the mini bundt pans with a thin layer of nonstick cooking spray and divide the batter evenly among four pans. Tap the pans to level the batter. Bake on a large baking sheet for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean with just a few crumbs attached.
- Remove from the oven, and place the bundt pans on a wire rack to cool. When the bundt pans are cool enough to touch, flip them over and tap to loosen the bundt cake onto the wire rack, let cool completely. Serve with a dusting of powder sugar.
Regular olive oil can be substituted for the tangerine olive oil.
Shop The Recipe Tools
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting my blog.