This Tropical Peach Mango Coconut Cake is like sunshine on a plate. It is the tropical version of a coffee cake that’s perfect with a cup of coconut flavor coffee and also delicious topped with ice cream for a sweet night cap.
Sometimes the best cake comes from throwing together left over ingredients to clean out my fridge, which happens to consist of ripe mango and peaches, and left over mascarpone cheese from last week Peaches and Cream Pie. That was how this delicious Tropical Peach Mango Coconut Cake was born. It was also adapted from my Peach Coffee Cake but with a tropical twist.
Tropical Peach Mango Coconut Cake Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Mascarpone is a soft cheese, so once it softens at room temperature, it is very easy to incorporate into the batter. You can even skip the stand mixer and just use a hand whisk for this recipe.
- Coconut oil is usually liquid at temperature hotter than 76°F. So if you’re baking on a hot day, no need to melt your coconut oil in the microwave, just pour out and measure.
- I bake this cake in a 9” spring form pan so I can easily remove it. You can use any 9” cake pan, pie dish, cast iron skillet, anything that you can bake and serve in since you don’t want to invert the cake to remove it.
I love an easy recipe that can double as breakfast and dessert, and this Tropical Peach Mango Coconut Cake is it! It is dense but extremely moist and soft thanks to the mascarpone and the oodles of fresh fruits. It can work as a tropical version of a coffee cake when paired with a cup of morning coffee. Or you can serve it up after dinner with ice cream for a sweet night cap. Enjoy!
More Easy Bake and Serve Cakes
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me @wildwildwhisk on Instagram. I’d love to see what’s cooking up in your kitchen. Cheers!
Tropical Peach Mango Coconut Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 rounded teaspoon baking powder
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 2 large egg
- 3 oz coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup ripe peach - diced
- 3/4 cup ripe mango - diced
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flake
- Allow the mascarpone to soften at room temperature. Also leave the eggs out to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, measure out flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder, mix together thoroughly with a whisk and set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for 20-30 seconds, if it is not already liquid, and let cool.
- Brush a 9” cake pan or cast iron skillet with some melted butter or nonstick spray. Cut out a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pan, line the cake pan and brush the top of the parchment paper with some butter or nonstick spray as well.
- Add mascarpone cheese, egg, the coconut oil, and vanilla extract to a medium mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a spatula.
- Fold in all the diced peach and mango.
- Pour into prepared pan, sprinkle coconut flake on top until completely covered.
- Bake for 45 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack completely before slicing.
Shop The Recipe Tools
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting my blog.