Can we say it is HOTTT this week?? Let’s have some watermelon cucumber mint juice to cool us down. Watermelon is one of my fav!! I was drinking a lot of watermelon juice last summer after I got a juicer, everyday, for months, until my local supermarket ran out of watermelon! Not that you NEED to juice watermelon, but I don’t know, I needed to use the juicer to justify the price I paid for it…
I really think watermelon juice can stand on its own, when you get a superb melon. Melon is somewhat a difficult fruit to pick however. I usually go by the one with greenest rind for watermelon!! But it’s often either a hit or miss for me, so I delegate the melon picking task to Ryan. He told me that Alton Brown said you’re supposed to pick the one that’s heavier than it looks… Doesn’t make a difference, they’re all heavy to me…
This time around, I wanted to be all fancy and stuff so I added cucumber ice cubes and muddled mint leaves to my watermelon juice. It was refreshing as usual with subtle hint of cucumber and mint. If you don’t want to bother with the cucumber ice cubes, just add the cucumber juice and the water melon juice together, serve over ice. But I think the cucumber ice cubes add a little extra somethin’… Make a whole jug of this and you’ll be ready for your Labor Day weekend BBQ!
Stay cool and have a great weekend!
Watermelon Cucumber Mint Juice
- 4 cup watermelon juice (about 2.5 lb of seedless watermelon, rind removed)
- 1 cup cucumber juice (about 14 oz of cucumber)
- 20 mint leaves
- Cut up and juice watermelon and cucumber separately in a juicer.
- Refrigerate watermelon juice. Pour cucumber juice into an ice cube tray and freeze about 2 hours until completely solid.
- To make in a jug, muddle all the mint leaves in the jug, add cucumber ice cubes and add watermelon juice.
- To make individual serving, muddle 5 mint leaves in a glass. Add about 4 cucumber ice cubes, fill with watermelon juice.