Chocolate Chip Cookies
The best chocolate chip cookies recipe you'll ever need.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 18 large cookies
- 8 ounce unsalted butter (2 sticks, 226 g)
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (300 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt (4 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (6 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (2 g)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (45 g)
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar (lightly packed, 235 g)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoon whole milk (30 g)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (7 g)
- 1 bag of milk chocolate chip (11.5 oz, 326 g)
Melt the butter over medium low heat in a small sauce pan. Let cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, sift or mix together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl. In a small measuring cup, add the egg, egg yolk, milk and vanilla extract, whisk together and set aside.
Add the cool butter and sugar in a stand mixer bowl and beat with a paddle attachment on medium speed until fluffy and lighten in color, about 2 minutes.
Add the egg mixture to the butter/sugar mixture and beat on medium speed for another 2 minutes.
Reduce the mixer to low speed and gradually add the flour mixture, scraping the side and bottom of the bowl as necessary.
Once all the flour is incorporated, turn the mixer speed to stir and add the chocolate chips, mix until the chips are evenly distributed.
Use a large ice cream scoop (2 oz) to portion the cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet or large container. Cover well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place pre-portioned cookie dough on a parchment paper line baking sheet, 2" apart. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Bake in 2 to 3 batches.
Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer with a spatula to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Bake for 13 minutes if undercooked interior with a softer texture is desired. Bake for 15 minutes if crispier texture is desired.
- Oven temperature may vary from one oven to another, so adjust baking time accordingly after the first batch to get the desired cookie texture.
- The milk chocolate chip I always use are larger size chips which makes it chunkier.
- Use newly open baking soda to allow the dough to properly rise.
Adapted from Alton Brown's The Chewy
Serving: 66g | Calories: 303kcal