Lightened Up Chocolate Panna Cotta
Lightened Up Chocolate Panna Cotta is a delicious and healthier version of a decadent dessert. This version of Panna Cotta will add a little sweetness to your day while still keep you on track with all of your New Year resolutions.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 1/2 cup Silk Almond Cashewmilk (divided)
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- A pinch of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (see note 2 for substitution)
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoon plain powder gelatin (see note 1)
- 2 oz milk chocolate
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate
- Coconut oil for brushing the ramekins (optional)
- Fresh raspberries
- Crushed cashew nuts
Measure 1/4 cup of Silk Almond Cashewmilk in 4-cup measuring cup and sprinkle the powder gelatin over the milk. Let bloom for 5 minutes.
Chop up the chocolate into small pieces.
If you’re planning to un-mold the panda cotta, brush the ramekins with a little coconut oil just to coat and set aside.
Add the remaining 1 1/4 cup of Silk Almond Cashewmilk to a small sauce pan along with the sugar, salt, and vanilla bean paste. Stir with a whisk and allow to simmer over medium heat.
Turn off the heat and pour the hot milk into the bloomed gelatin mixture. Stir to dissolve the gelatin completely.
Add the chocolate to the hot milk, stir until completely melted and smooth.
Divide into four jars or ramekins and let rest in the fridge until set, about 3 hour or overnight.
- If you plan to un-mold the panna cotta, use 2 teaspoon of gelatin to be on the safe side. If you don’t plan to un-mold it, use 1 1/2 teaspoon.
- To use vanilla extract in place of vanilla bean paste, use the same amount, but whisk it in with the chocolate instead of adding it to the milk.
- To un-mold, fill a shallow bowl with hot water and set the ramekin in the water for 30 seconds. Make sure the water level is high enough to warm the height of the entire panna cotta. You may need to loosen the very edge with a butter knife to allow it to slide out easily. Place a plate over the ramekin and flip it over, give it a few gentle shake to encourage the panna cotta to come out.
- Garnish with fresh fruits and crushed nuts if desired.
Serving: 51g | Calories: 189kcal