Peanut Butter Brownies
Peanut butter and chocolate is a classic flavor combination, these Peanut Butter Brownies certainly do it justice! Thick, chewy, decadent brownies studded with Reese’s peanut butter chips and even more chocolate chips for good measure.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time55 mins
Servings: 9 pieces
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoon whole wheat flour 114 g
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt 2 g
- 4 oz chocolate chip semi-sweet or dark, 113 g, divided
- 3 oz peanut butter chip ½ cup, 85 g
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder natural or dutch-processed, 18 g
- 5 tablespoon boiling water 67 g
- 5 tablespoon vegetable oil 63 g
- 1 oz unsalted butter melted, 28 g
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoon granulated sugar 225 g
- Extra melted butter for pan
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter optional for topping
Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush an 8” square baking pan with melted butter and line with parchment paper allowing the excess to hang over the sides. Brush the parchment paper with melted butter as well.
In a small mixing bowl, add flour, salt, 3 oz of chocolate chip (about ½ cup), and all of the peanut butter chips. Mix together evenly with a spatula. Set aside.
In a medium heat proof mixing bowl, add cocoa powder. Heat the water in a glass measuring cup in the microwave for 1 minute and immediately pour it over the cocoa powder. Mix with a whisk until all the cocoa powder dissolves. Add the remaining 1 oz of chocolate chip to the still-hot cocoa mixture and whisk until melted.
Melt butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Add the hot melted butter and vegetable oil to the chocolate mixture, and mix with a whisk until smooth.
Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract to the mixture, and mix with a whisk again until smooth.
Add the sugar and whisk until completely incorporated.
Finally, add the flour mixture set aside earlier and fold with a spatula just until incorporated.
Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 40 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
Allow the pan to cool completely on a wire rack before unmolding the brownie and cutting into slices.
Melt the peanut butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds and drizzle over the sliced brownies if using.
- Measure out all of your ingredients before you get started.
- When lining the baking pan with parchment paper, allowing the excess to hang over the sides will help you remove the brownies very easily.
- You can substitute all-purpose flour, the brownies will come out a tad softer.
- Either natural cocoa powder or Dutch-processed cocoa powder can be used.
- Any type of chocolate can be used: regular size and mini size chocolate chip, baking chocolate, chocolate wafers.
- I prefer dark chocolate, but you can use anything between semi-sweet to dark.
- Consume brownies within 3 - 4 days. Store at room temperature, do not refrigerate brownies.
Serving: 89g | Calories: 371kcal