Ice Cream Pie
Anyone can scoop ice cream with pie and make pie ala mode, but why not combine the two and make Ice Cream Pie. Boom! Just blew your mind! It only takes 10 minutes to prepare, make it 5 minutes if you grab a premade pie crust from the store.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 8 slices
- 4 oz unsalted butter - melted
- 30 Oreo cookies
- 1.5 quart ice cream
Break Oreo cookies into small pieces and ground in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Do not remove the filling.
Melt the butter in the microwave for about 30 - 45 seconds, stir with a fork to dissolve any remaining solid butter.
Drizzle melted butter over the Oreo crumbs, and process for an additional 10 - 20 seconds until the mixture is the texture of wet sand.
Dump the mixture into a tart pan or pie dish and press into the bottom and sides of the pan to form a crust.
Wrap well and freeze until hardened before filling.
Assemble the Pie
When the pie crust is ready, allow the ice cream to soften slightly at room temperature for ease of scooping and spreading.
Scoop out the ice cream and fill the crust to the rim, use an offset spatula to spread it evenly.
Freeze the pie until the ice cream is set again before slicing and serving.
Cut into slices, top with fruit compote, whipped cream and any other desired toppings just before serving.
- You do not need to remove Oreo filling before making the crust.
- Store-bought or homemade cookie pie crust will work for this recipe.
- You can use either Oreo crust or Graham cracker crust, whichever you prefer.
- Store-bought ice cream is the easier route, but homemade ice cream can offer some unique flavors.
- Allow the ice cream pie to defrost slightly on the countertop before slicing into it.
- Warm your knife under hot running water for a few seconds, wipe dry before making a slice and repeat. This will give you clean slices.
- Store in the freezer before serving. And also store any leftovers in the freezer, wrapped well in plastic and foil.
Serving: 259g | Calories: 661kcal