Homemade Hot Chocolate
Homemade Hot Chocolate flavored with spices is the perfect drink to get cozy up with in cold weather.
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time3 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 1 or 2
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 12 oz milk
Add cocoa powder, sugar and spices to a small bowl. Add heavy cream and mix with a spoon until a thick paste forms.
Heat milk in a small pot over medium heat until simmering, add the cocoa paste to the hot milk and stir until it dissolves completely.
Pour hot cocoa into cups. Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with spices.
Serve with: Mulino Bianco cookies
- Use cinnamon, nutmeg or a mixture of spices like apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice to flavor the hot cocoa.
- Use whole milk for the best result, but 2% milk can be used though the hot cocoa won’t be as creamy. I don’t recommend low fat milk for this recipe.
- Calories are estimated based on 2 servings.
Serving: 197g | Calories: 192kcal