Almond Spritz Cookies
These Almond Spritz Cookies are adorable with their festive holiday sprinkles. They are fun, shareable, and will be a great addition to your holiday cookie list. They will also make wonderful edible gifts to coworkers and neighbors this holiday season.
Servings: 22 cookies
- 4 oz unsalted butter 1 stick – soften
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- A large pinch of salt
Cream soften butter and sugar in a mixing bowl with the whisk attachment until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk and almond extract and beat until combined.
Add flour and salt to a small bowl and mix to distribute evenly. With the mixer on the lowest speed, slowly add the flour mixture to the stand mixer bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. The dough should be soft and easy to handle.
Fill the cookie press with the cookie dough and line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Hold the cookie press perpendicular to the prepared baking sheet and press out the cookies, spacing about 1 - 2 inches apart.
Add sprinkles, color sugars or any decorative touches desired to your cookies. Chill in the fridge or freezer while the oven preheats. Preheat oven to 375°F.
Bake for 8 – 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 - 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to completely cool.
- I recommend silicone baking mats for this recipe but parchment paper will also work if you don’t own any silicone baking mat.
- This recipe can make up to 3 dozen cookies depending on how much dough is pressed out per cookies. I used 2 clicks of the cookie press here for larger cookies and the recipe yields 22 cookies.
Serving: 15g | Calories: 72kcal