Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 1 - 2 servings, 5 pancakes
- 1/2 cup almond meal – packed
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar – packed
- A very small pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter – melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- Sliced almond optional for garnish
- Maple syrup for serving
Melt butter in a pinch bowl for 30 seconds in the microwave, set aside to cool.
In a small bowl, add almond meal, flour, brown sugar, salt and baking powder, mix to combine.
In a medium bowl, add almond milk, egg and almond extract, beat to thoroughly combine.
Add the cooled butter to the egg/milk mixture and beat to combine.
Add the almond meal/flour mixture to the liquid and mix with a whisk or spatula until combine. The batter should be slightly runny.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-low to medium heat, spread a little bit of butter to cover the surface of the pan. Pour 1/4 cup of batter on the pan and let it cook.
When the bottom of the pancake is cooked through and golden brown (a few minutes), flip the pancake over and cook the other side until golden brown (couple more minutes). Adjust the heat as necessary to ensure the pancake is cooked through but not burned.
Continue cooking until the batter is gone. This will make five 3.5” pancakes.
Garnish with sliced almond (optional) and serve with maple syrup.