These easy 3-ingredient Coconut Truffles are the simplest treat in the world to make. The results are smooth and creamy coconut chocolate truffles covered in snowy sweetened shredded coconut.
Servings: 22 truffles
- 1 can unsweetened coconut cream or coconut milk, 13.5 oz, note
- 1 bag dark chocolate melting wafer 50% cocoa, 10 oz
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
Refrigerate the can of coconut cream the night before to separate the top cream from the liquid. Scoop the cream out of the can using a spoon, leaving all of the clear liquid behind.
Add the coconut cream to a heatproof glass bowl along with the chocolate melting wafer, heat the bowl over a simmering pot of water until the chocolate melts, stirring with a spatula. Turn off the heat and continue to stir until smooth. Allow the bowl to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 1.5 - 2 hours.
When the chocolate truffle mixture solidifies but still malleable, take it out of the fridge and portion into 1” balls with a small ice cream scoop.
Add sweetened shredded coconut to a small bowl. Roll the coconut truffles in the coconut to cover completely.
Serve immediately or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Only use the top cream portion from the can of coconut cream or coconut milk. The cream alone weighs about 7 oz.
- If you can find coconut cream, it contains a bit more of the cream than just coconut milk.
- If using coconut milk, make sure it is full fat, don’t use light or the kind in the carton.
- I use Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers which is about 50% cocoa. You can use anything between 40% - 60% cocoa.
- Refrigerate any leftovers and serve straight from the fridge.
- Use the leftover coconut water from the can to make smoothies.
Serving: 26g | Calories: 121kcal