Buttermilk Coffee Cake
This Buttermilk Coffee Cake has cinnamon streusel all over the top and in the middle of the cake. It is made with lots of tangy buttermilk to keep it moist for days.
Servings: 10 slices
- ½ cup granulated sugar (90 g)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (68 g)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (3 g)
- 2 oz unsalted butter (57 g, cold & cubed)
- 4 oz unsalted butter (115 g, room temperature)
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar (130 g)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (4 g)
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour (203 g)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt (3 g)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (3 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (4 g)
- 1 cup buttermilk (235 g, room temperature)
Prepare the cake batter
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Brush a 9” springform pan with butter and set aside.
Add flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder to a small bowl and mix with a whisk to combine.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream softened butter, sugar and vanilla extract together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until combined.
Add half of the flour mixture and beat to combine, then add half of the buttermilk and beat again to combine. Alternate the remaining flour mixture and buttermilk and continue to beat until a smooth batter forms. Use a spatula to scrape down the side and bottom of the bowl to ensure even mixing.
Add half the cake batter to the prepared pan. Sprinkle half the streusel mixture on top. Then add the remaining cake batter over the streusel, use the back of a spoon or spatula to spread it as evenly as possible. Sprinkle the remaining streusel over the top.
Bake for 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Serving: 102g | Calories: 334kcal