RITZ Crackers Ice Cream Sandwiches
RITZ Crackers Ice Cream Sandwiches are an easy summer treat that require very little hands-on time in the kitchen, so you can better spend it enjoying the day with your friends and family.
Servings: 14 mini ice cream sandwiches
- 28 RITZ Crackers
- 1 pint ice cream (473 ml, flavor of your choice)
- 5 oz dark chocolate melting wafer (142 g)
Let ice cream defrost for 5 - 10 minutes at room temperature; use a medium ice cream scoop to add 1 scoop on top of a RITZ Cracker. Add a second RITZ Cracker on top of the ice cream to make a sandwich. Freeze ice cream sandwiches for 2 - 4 hours.
Melt chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Dip ice cream sandwich in melted chocolate to cover halfway, let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl, and immediately dip the side with the chocolate into sprinkles if desired. Use a spoon to sprinkle extra all over the chocolate. Freeze for 1 - 2 hours or overnight before serving.
To decorate with sprinkles only
- Recommended ice cream flavors are chocolate, mudslide, rocky road, and peanut butter, but you can use any flavor you’d like.
- When covering ice cream sandwiches with melted chocolate, only work with a few at a times while keeping the rest in the freezer.
- Line a container with parchment paper to lay the chocolate covered ice cream sandwich on top in one layer. If you need to make a second layer, add another piece of parchment paper in between.
- Calories information is based on using regular chocolate ice cream.
Serving: 53g | Calories: 179kcal