Banana Bread French Toast
Have leftover banana bread? Make Banana Bread French Toast and level up your brunch game. I promise you this french toast is so good, you’ll make extra banana bread on purpose next time.
- 6 slices of leftover banana bread about 1” thick
- ⅔ cup half and half 158 g
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 oz butter for frying
Cut the banana bread into 1” thick slices and allow to dry overnight or preferably a couple of days in advance.
Beat together half and half, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and transfer the custard mixture to a shallow dish.
Place a few slices of banana bread into the custard mixture and soak one side for about 30 - 45 seconds. Flip the banana bread over and allow the other side to soak in the custard until saturated, another 30 - 45 seconds.
Place the custard soaked bread on a wire rack set over a baking sheet and allow any excess custard to drip off. Continue to soak the remaining bread slices.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the french toast for 3 - 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Adjust the heat between medium to medium low heat as necessary so the toast doesn’t burn.
Remove the french toasts from the skillet and serve right away.
- You can substitute the half and half with ⅓ cup of milk + ⅓ cup of cream. I recommend whole milk but 2% will work as well.
- You can also substitute coconut milk in place of the half and half. If using coconut milk, I recommend canned coconut milk for richer flavor and higher fat content.
Serving: 129g | Calories: 367kcal